Laura De Santis
Laurea cum laude in Geologia, Università di Parma, Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra, 1990
Dottorato di Ricerca in Scienze della Terra, Consorzio Univ. Parma, Modena, Firenze, 1995
Ricercatrice di liv. II a tempo indeterminato, presso OGS, gruppo GEOS, GEO dal 2010.
Ricercatrice di liv. III a tempo indeterminato, presso OGS, gruppo INTE, GDL dal 2003 al 2009.
Ricercatrice di liv. III a tempo determinato, presso OGS, gruppo INTE, GDL dal 1996 al 2003
Incarico di collaborazione tecnico-scientifica presso OGS dal 1995 al 1996
Complementary Research Associate (guest) presso il Department of Geology and Geophysics - Rice University, Houston, Texas (USA). da agosto 1993 a novembre 1994.
Borsa di Studio all’OGS dal 1991 al 1993
Guest researcher at Geology and Geophysics Dept., Victoria University, Wellington (New Zealand), marzo-aprile 1998
Guest researcher at Australian Geophysical Survey Organization (Camberra, Australia) luglio 1997
Guest researcher at United States Geological Survey, Menlo Park, California (USA), Febbraio - Aprile 1993
6 oceanographic geophysical cruises in the Mediterranean Sea and in Antarctica (1990-2018)
Co-chief of IODP expedition 374 (Ross Sea, Antarctica)
Co-Supervisor of 4 MS and 5 PhD thesis in Polar Science
Lecturer on Antarctic marine and geophysics at Univ. of Trieste since 2012
Convenor of scientific international meetings, and co-organizer of the SCAR/ PAIS conference 2017 http://www.scar-pais.org/index.php/conference
Service on Boards/Committees:
- Since 2016: SCAR Geoscience program PAIS (Past Antarctic Ice Sheet dynamics). co-chief officer http://www.scar.org/pais/pais-membership
- 2008-2015: member of the PNRA/CSNA Antarctic National Research Program scientific and strategy advisory board for the Italian Ministry of Research.
- 2008-2017: member of the scientific review panel, and chair of the Polar regional call 2013 of the EU-FP7/Eurofleets 1 and 2 projects,
- Since 2014: Italian delegate (head officer in 2014) for the SCAR Standing Scientific Group on Geosciences.
- Since 2015 Italian delegate (Alternate) at the European Consortium for Ocean Drilling ECORD Council.
- 2004-2018 member of the International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP), Italian Coordination Group
Geologia e geofisica dei margini continentali in aree polari
1999-2001 scientific party member of the CAPE ROBERTS PROJECT CRP (Ross Sea, Antarctica). Deep Drilling project from fast ice.
1999-2001: WEGA - Wilkes Basin Glacial History project funded by Programma Nazionale delle Ricerche in Antartide – PNRA and by the Australian National Agency for Research Expedition.
2002-2004: MOGAM - MOrphology and Geology of Antarctic Margins. Funded by PNRA
2000-2003: STRATAGEM Stratigraphical Development of the Glaciated European Margin funded by Energy Environment and Sustainable Development EU 5th Framework (2000-2003). Project coordinated by UK.
2008-2012: European Polar Research Icebreaker Consortium (ERICON) - AURORA BOREALIS Project. Funded by Research Infrastructures EU 7th Framework (2008-2012). Project coordinated by ESF.
2014: EU FP7/EUROFLEETS-2 –Antarctic ice Sheet Stability from continental Slope process investigation ANTSSS project.
2016-2018: PNRA/WHISPERS (West Antarctic Ice Sheet HIstory from Slope Processes – Eastern Ross Sea)
2016-2018: Italy-USA bilateral projects (Foreigner Affair Minister funding agency) – GSLAISS Global Sea Level Rise and Antarctic Ice Sheet stability prediction: guessing future by learning from past.