- Ph.D. in Polar Sciences: University of Siena (20.12.07), “Applications of the seismic method to Antarctic ice-sheet related problems”.
- 4 years Degree in Physics: University of Trieste (19.05.00). Experimental thesis in applied geophysics: “Subsurface imaging in thrust-belt oil area (Venezuelan chain) from time and depth data migration”.
- High school: Electronics and Telecommunications, (1993).
- ENI E&P academic course on the investigation of energy and water resources. DISGAM department, University of Trieste (March – June 2007).
- Since October 2000 at the “National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics” (OGS – www.ogs.trieste.it), Trieste, Italy: researcher in the field of seismic data processing, tomography, rock physics and wave modelling.
- September – December 2000 at ALCATEL s.p.a. (Trieste – Italy): testing operator of opto-electronic devices for telecommunications.
Skills & Interests:
- Seismic and geoelectric data acquisition.
- Seismic reflection and refraction data processing, tomography, AVO and imaging for crustal structures exploration and glaciology.
- Development of algorithms and code designing for seismic traveltime and attenuation tomography.
- Development of algorithms and code designing for EM traveltime tomography.
- Implementation of rock physics theories for rock properties computation: static and dynamic elastic properties, pore fluids, anisotropy, and attenuation.
- Seismic and EM characterization of hydrocarbon reservoirs and saline aquifers for studies related to CO2 geological storage monitoring.
- Algorithms for quasi-static numerical seismic simulations in poroelastic and viscoelastic anisotropic (and fractured) media.
- Algorithms for numerical simulations of seismic wave propagation in poroelastic and viscoelastic anisotropic media.
- Environments: Basic Unix, Linux and Windows.
- Utilities: Corel, Photoshop, Office, Dreamweaver (for HTML programming), ecc..
- Seismic commercial softwares: Focus and Promax (seismic processing), Geodepth (tomography and imaging), Tesseral (wave field modelling), Seismic Unix (miscellaneous).
- Languages: Fortran and Matlab
Coordination at OGS of the following national and international projects:
- PNRA-WISSLAKE : Subglacial lake exploration in the Whillans Ice Stream region (West Antarctica).
- EU-CO2CARE : CO2 Site Closure Assessment Research.
- CO2-ENEL : Design of an effective seismic monitoring plan at Porto Tolle (Amedea option).
Participation to the following national and international projects:
- EU-LIFE-CAMI : Water-Bearing Characterization With Integrated Methodologies.
- EU-CASTOR : Capture and geological STORage of CO2.
- EU-CO2GEONET : NETWORK Of Excellence On Geological Storage of CO2.
- PNRA-WISE : West antarctic ice sheet evolution in the Ross Sea.
- EU- Co2ReMoVe : CO2 Research Monitoring and Verification of CO2 Geological storage.
- ZEPT : Zero Emission at Porto Tolle (Italy).
- EU-SITECHAR : Site Characterization for CO2 Geological storage.
- CO2MONITOR : Development of innovative techniques for monitoring CO2 storage sites.