2009-present: Senior Technologist in Marine Geoscience at the OGS, Trieste (Italy).
2004-2008: Technologist in Marine Geoscience at the OGS, Trieste (Italy).
2003-2007: Contract Professor in Applied Geophysics at the University of Trieste (Italy)
2000-2003: Research Fellow at the OGS, Trieste (Italy)
1995-2000: Post-doctoral Research Fellow at the Dept. of Geological, Marine and Environmental Science of the University of Trieste (Italy)
1994-1995: Post-doctoral Research Fellow at the Dept. of Geodesy and Geophysics of the University of Trieste (Italy)
1994: Member of the Teaching Staff of the Advanced International School on Exploration Geophysics (UNIDO), Trieste, (Italy).
1990-1993: Doctoral Researcher, Dept. of Geodesy and Geophysics of the University of Trieste (Italy).
1989-1990: Pre-doctoral Geophysicist, Scholarship ENI at the Dept. of Geodesy and Geophysics of the University of Trieste (Italy).
Acquisition and analysis of multi-disciplinary marine geophysical datasets, including:
• Seismic reflection data - 2D multi-channel data (Crustal lines and middle resolution profiles)
• Seabed imagery - multibeam echosounders, sidescan sonar systems and Sub Bottom Profilers
Field Experience (Oceanographic and land Campaigns)
Participant in 14 campaigns to the Mediterranean Sea (8), the Peri-Antarctic Oceans (5) and the Antarctic Plateau (1) for over 1 year of shipboard experience and two months in the East Antarctic Continent (Concordia Station); Chief Scientist on 3 campaigns.
• Correlation from halokinetics features to up-ward fluid migration (pre-salt fluids) in Mediterranean Basin from analysis of multichannel seismic profiles and morphobathymetry data (seepage/venting structures).
• Geophysical study to individuate the relation between recent tectonics and inherited structures in the continental margin.
• Study on the development of mounds, potential biological build-ups in a geological dynamic environment, influenced by gas/fluids and gas/gas hydrate presence (circum-antarctic basins), using geophysical methods.
• Geodynamic systems on Antarctic continental margins.
• Natural gas hydrates in the marine environment.
• OGS-MIUR (2010-2013), Geophysical exploration of West and South Sardinia offshore – WS10. Co-responsible OGS.
• OGS-MIUR (2005-2008), POMO. Central Adriatic Sea: geophysical study. Responsible.
• PNRA (2004), BSR. I gas idrati: impatto su clima e ambiente nelle aree sub-antartiche. Participant.
• PNRA (2002-2004), RIMARS. Reprocessing and interpretation of multichannel seismic reflection data in Western Ross Sea. Responsible.
• PNRA (2001-2002), COHIMAR-SEDANO3. Morphologic and Seismic Signature of Past Ice Streams on the Continental Shelf of the Pacific Margin of the Antarctic Peninsula. Participant.
• PNRA (1994-1995), SERDRAKE. Geophysical study of the Scotia Sea (Antarctica). (PI: prof. I.R. Finetti). Responsible on board of R/V OGS Explora.
• CNR-Comitato 02 (1994). Development and experimentation of computer-geophysics methods to enhance the deep seismic reflection signals. Co-responsible.
• CNR-Comitato 02 (1993). Seismic signal processing to tectonophysics reconstruction of the Apennines thrust system zones. Co-responsible.