Degree in Environmental Science with marine specialisation.
University Master's Degree in Management of universities and research.
I've worked in Italy and abroad in both public and private projects in coordinating and drawing up Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) reports. I’ve been a member of the regional EIA advisory committee deciding about the environmental compatibility of the projects.
Since 2010 I'm working at The National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics - OGS. I’ve been involved in the technical-scientific organization of International projects and Italian initiatives in the field of geological storage of CO2 (CCS). I was the OGS scientific responsible for two FP7 European research projects (CGSEurope, ECCSEL) and for the study commissioned by the Italian Ministry of Environment of the potential risks and environmental impacts both on the terrestrial and the marine environment associated with CO2 geological storage.
Since the creation of the new Department for the promotion and valorization of Research in 2013, I’m directly involved in:
- Support for the planning and management of research projects funded by the European Union and public bodies at national and local levels;
- Maintaining contacts and relations with the European Commission and the Italian Agency for the Promotion of European Research;
- Monitoring of calls, obtaining information on the mechanisms of financing and co-financing of EU R&D projects;
- Organizing and updating of databases of research projects and international collaborations;
- Support for the management of mobility projects both for foreign incoming researchers and for the exchange of researchers between OGS and other scientific institutions;
- Support for the research communication.